The start of the new year is typically when people commit to losing weight or improving their overall health. The truth is that weight loss is easier for some people than others. For the individuals who have greater difficulty dropping pounds, we recommend adding vitamins and supplements in Humble, TX to their diet.
One of the best supplements on the market is berberine. This post will cover the top reasons to take berberine if you have certain health conditions or if you’re having trouble losing weight:
- Targets insulin resistance: A key benefit of berberine—and why some doctors recommend it for diabetic patients—is its effect on insulin levels. Berberine activates a protein called AMPK. This protein helps lower blood sugar and insulin levels, effectively reducing abdominal fat in some people.
- Boosts metabolism: The higher your metabolism, the faster you burn calories and the easier it is to learn weight. Unfortunately, some of us have a higher metabolism than others. The good news is that berberine can boost lower metabolisms by increasing the number of mitochondria in your body and improving the efficiency of existing mitochondria.
- Lowers inflammation in fat and liver cells: Among other negative impacts, cell inflammation reduces metabolism and worsens insulin resistance—essentially, cell inflammation contributes directly to weight gain. Berberine can help with weight loss by reducing inflammatory levels in liver and fat cells.
- Treats GI-related issues: Speaking of inflammation, some foods can cause intestinal inflammation by producing an overgrowth of bacteria and fungus. As you can imagine, intestinal inflammation is directly correlated to weight gain and obesity. Berberine has potent antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which help reduce that nasty intestinal inflammation.
- Combines well with medications: We mentioned above how some medical professionals recommend taking berberine. That’s because it’s one of the supplements that works well with prescription anti-diabetic medications, like metformin. Just be sure to talk to your healthcare provider before combining berberine with your prescription medications.
Purchase your supplements from our store
Instead of getting your vitamins and supplements in Humble, TX from a big-box store, shop at A Gift of Health. Here are a few reasons our customers choose to buy their health goods from us:
- Wide range of products: There’s no reason to run all over town looking for different supplements—we have everything you need. In addition to name-brand vitamins and supplements, we carry health foods, beauty products and a variety of other goods to help you adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- Helpful employees: With so many different items on the shelves, navigating a supplement aisle can be difficult. That’s where our team members can help! We have years of experience, so we can help you find just what you need to feel your best.
The choice is clear if you’re looking for vitamins and supplements in Humble, TX—come to A Gift of Health! Visit our store today or give us a call to learn more about all of the products we carry that could help you shed those unwanted pounds.