Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is a therapeutic substance derived from cannabis plants. It is not marijuana—CBD oil contains less than 0.3 percent THC (which creates the “high”), and it’s legal in most states. It is a popular item among health and beauty products in Humble, TX because it works for many ailments. Here are six things CBD oil can do for you:
- Pain control: Pain control is a common condition for CBD treatment. So far, it works well with peripheral neuropathy, rheumatoid arthritis and other types of chronic pain. Scientists have confirmed it works well for up to 15 weeks, but they continue to study it for long-term pain control. So far, it shows to be an effective anti-inflammatory that has no apparent side effects. If you suffer chronic pain from any condition, trying CBD may be worth it!
- Reduce skin irritations: People in Humble, TX use CBD oil for acne, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, insect bites, burns and even skin cancer symptoms. There are still studies going on to see where CBD is optimal for skin conditions, but so far, the anecdotal evidence is promising.
- Epilepsy: The first FDA-approved use for CBD was Epidiolex, a seizure control medication for those suffering from epilepsy. Treatment-resistant epilepsy forms, mainly Lennox-Gastault or Dravet syndromes, respond to CBD-based medication. No one knows for certain how CBD manages epilepsy. The theory is that it tones the brain receptors that cause seizures. Clinical trials confirmed CBD medications are appropriate for children, infants and adolescents who face treatment-resistant epilepsy.
- Mental health: Those who face the double-whammy of depression and anxiety have good news when it comes to CBD. Studies suggest CBD shows potential as a mood disorder treatment. Study participants took a CBD preparation before a public-speaking event and found they felt less anxiety and discomfort. They also felt better about themselves while presenting. CBD likely influences serotonin receptors, but the medical community calls for additional studies before recommending it for mental health conditions.
- Chemotherapy effects: Medical marijuana became legal in many states due to its effectiveness in making cancer treatment easier and more tolerable. CBD offers the same potential, but without patients feeling high or experiencing other side effects, like increased appetite and dehydration. Like THC, CBD interacts with serotonin receptors to reduce nausea and vomiting. A CBD- and THC-based drug call Sativex offers substantial relief, but researchers are still confirming the role CBD plays in that medication.
- Addiction medicine: The American Journal of Psychiatry believes CBD may help people manage drug addiction. Experts currently theorize that CBD reduces activity from the amygdala, the area of the brain that forms addictions. Studies have focused on heroin addicts, but they show these patients experienced less cue-inducing craving and anxiety than those who were not treated with CBD.
While CBD is still being studied, many people are already reporting benefits. If you seek CBD oil in Humble, TX, look no further than A Gift of Health. Our selection of health and beauty products and topicals includes items with CBD oil, so you can give it a try and see if you feel better. Visit today to learn more and check out our products.